Local news has been speaking "truth to power" since the invention of towns, and there's no better example of why we need regional newscasters than today's LaGuardia plane accident. It's unclear if a fictional villain from the Mario franchise is responsible, but watchdogs at Atlanta's CBS 46 are on it.
If you're considering a career being a car mechanic, please do not under any circumstances read this post. We're all completely baffled by these stories.
We've all moaned and groaned over flights cancelled due to weather. It's maddening to miss your connection (or even your whole trip) because of bad weather, but incidents like today's crash of Delta 1086 in a snowy New York City are exactly why they make that tough call that can affect millions of travelers.
Enabling drive encryption seems like a good idea, but I've always wondered how much overhead the encryption adds to compile times. Since compilation speed is rather important to me I setup a semi-scientific experiment to measure before and after enabling FileVault.
The Suzuki DR-Z400S is an incredibly capable motorcycle. I’ve had the chance to ride one the past few weeks and I took it on a 300 mile highway journey, a 200 mile offroad adventure, did multiple days off road, rode it around town, and commuted from Long Beach to LA (about 25 miles) on a regular basis. I found the…
- Added promoted post blub to promoted posts. This is static at the moment, but it is ready to be dynamic.
- Added error handling and log messages to mantle apiproxy
- Mostly finished rendering of promoted posts. Animation on insertion still needs work.
- Pushed a working version of the POST mantle proxy.
- Added several improvements to the proxy, including config options for config file and pretty good error handling and logging. (this isn't pushed yet)
- Spent a while trying to figure out why slf4j isn't logging array objects correctly anymore. This is causing any…
- Worked on pulling promoted posts into mantle
- Needed to add a Mantle -> Core call so wrote a mantle -> core proxy
- — GET version is pretty solid
- — POST version is untested. After finishing this both need to be cleaned a little.
- — Probably 2 hours left to get this solid
- Fixed KB-38 (publish to multiple blogs not working)